Has your lab received NIH or NSF funding from the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA)?
- Was it an Administrative Supplement through ARRA?
You need to tell your Congressional representatives how important ARRA funding is to your ongoing research.
- Have you applied for an NIH Challenge Grant that could help your lab make dramatic advances?
Congress needs to understand the promise of ARRA-funded research.
- Did a high school student or high school science teacher spend time in your lab this summer thanks to ARRA funding?
You should share those experiences with your community.
- Write a letter to the editor of your local newspapers.
- Send an email to your Senators and Member of Congress telling them how ARRA funds are being used in their district.
- Post a short YouTube video explaining your ARRA-funded research and share it with the ASCB’s YouTube channel.
- Write about the benefits of ARRA’s NIH funding on your blog or on a blog you read.
- Your members of Congress want to know how the NIH and NSF ARRA money is being used to advance science.
- The success of ARRA-funded research can provide Congress with excellent reasons to continue to fund the NIH and NSF responsibly in the years to come.
- The public should understand the impact biomedical research has on their local communities.
- Write about the benefits of ARRA’s science funding on your blog or on a blog you read.