Minorities Affairs Committee Travel Award Information
Application Deadline: September 4, 2012
Applicants may apply for a Minorities Travel Award (up to $1,800 towards meeting expenses). Meeting expenses can include lodging, travel, meals, ground transportation, poster presentation expenses, and meeting registration. ASCB MAC Travel Award Recipients are required to attend the MAC Mentoring Symposium and Poster Session on Saturday, December 15, 2012 and to assist MAC members in the MAC/EdComm Information Booth at an agreed upon period during the meeting. The MAC Saturday activities take place on December 15, 2012, 9:00 am - 5:30 pm.
Minorities Travel Awards:
- Cell senescence - Role of apoptosis in maintaining cellular homeostasis
- Role of telomeres and telomerase in cell aging
- Age-related changes in intracellular signaling
- Cellular oxidative stress and protective mechanisms
- Age-related change in structure and function of extracellular matrix
- Stem cell biology related to health problems in older peope
- Cell biology of the aging - immune, musculoskeletal and cardiovascular systems
Steps To Apply:
- Submit Abstract:
To qualify for consideration for a MAC Travel Award, abstracts must be submitted to the Annual Meeting through the regular abstract submission process. Priority will be given to applicants who are first authors. Once you successfully complete your abstract submission, you will be assigned an abstract control number. The number will need to be entered at the end of this award application. The abstract control number can be found in the confirmation email you received when you submitted your abstract.
- Complete and Submit This Application:
Provide your contact information, answer questions about yourself, copy over your CV or a short biography, and enter your abstract control number (see Step 1). Each applicant must complete this application separately. No more than one application per abstract will be considered. Multiple applications per abstract will not be considered.
- Send Letter of Recommendation:
A letter of recommendation from the principal investigator/advisor must be submitted with this travel award application. Address the letter of support to "The MAC Travel Award Review Committee."
Three Ways To Send Your Letter Of Recommendation:
- The letter may be mailed to the following address:
ASCB, MAC Travel Awards, 8120 Woodmont Avenue, Suite 750, Bethesda, MD 20814-2762
Deadline And Disposition Notification:
Apply for a MAC Travel Award